Once you are enrolled in our school, you will receive a letter from the school via email confirming your enrolment in a registered school and you will also receive your login details to the school’s learning management system. You receive a student login and a parent login.
After you receive your details, one of our teachers will contact you via phone to setup a time to train you and your teenager on exactly what you need to do in the distance education program.
The training takes place on your computer. With your permission, we are able to see exactly what you see and we work through any issues that you might have with accessing the school’s learning management system.
The training program covers the following topics:
- Accessing the school’s learning management system
- Setting up your own profile in the school
- Setting up a timetable so that you can have structure in your school day
- Monitoring your teenager’s progress in their learning
- Communicating with other students and finding other students with common interests
- Accessing your school courses
- Working through a typical lesson in distance education
- Participating in a class discussion
- Submitting work to your teacher
- Accessing your online textbooks
- Communicating with your teachers
- Taking attendance in distance education
We have found that teenagers learn our system very quickly because they are comfortable in a technology-rich environment. The focus of our training is on the parent who is acting as the parent-supervisor. We’re happy to give you the time that you need to understand how it works.